Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About BMJ Case Reports
BMJ Case Reports is an important educational resource offering a high volume of cases in all disciplines so that healthcare professionals, researchers and others can easily find clinically important information on common and rare conditions. All articles are peer reviewed and copy edited before publication. BMJ Case Reports is not an edition or supplement of the BMJ.
BMJ Case Reports has a unique business model whereby users (whether authors and/or readers) become Fellows. Fellow membership costs about $300 per year, but MCW Libraries holds an institutional fellowship which enables our library users to submit manuscripts at no cost.
Benefits of Fellowship
- Users in the institution holding the institutional fellowship can submit as many case reports as they like at no cost
- Reuse material personally and for teaching
- No additional publication or colour charges for accepted articles
- Enjoy fast, supportive peer review and rapid publication
- Authors gain international recognition and publicity for their cases
- An option to make the accepted publication open access is available for an additional fee. This is optional.
Instructions for MCW/CHW/FH Authors
- Instructions for Authors are available on the BMJ Case Reports site.
- As with all journals, it's important to read the Instructions for Authors carefully.
- All authors need to have a fellowship number. You can obtain the MCW Libraries' institutional fellowship number by contacting the library. The fellowship number can only be obtained during business hours, so ask for the number ahead of time if you intend to submit your manuscript to the journal during non-business hours.
Contact MCW Libraries
For other questions about MCW Libraries' institutional fellowship with BMJ Case Reports, please contact the library.
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226