I am the Scholarly Communications Librarian at the MCW Libraries. I earned a Masters of Library and Information Science from the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. My professional interests include website design, evidence-based medicine, and retractions in scientific literature. I assist MCW students, staff and faculty in conducting systematic reviews, using citation management and trends in access to information.
I serve as vice president of the West Allis Library Board and as a trustee on the Milwaukee County Federated Library System. I am also the president of the Midwest Chapter/MLA and a member of the Medical Library Association (MLA).
Department of Emergency Medicine
Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology
Clinical Medical Librarianship:
Multidisciplinary Musculoskeletal Oncology Conference
- Suelzer EM, Deal J, Hanus K, Ruggeri BE, Witkowski E. Challenges in Identifying the Retracted Status of an Article. JAMA Netw Open. 2021;4(6):e2115648. Published 2021 Jun 1. doi:10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2021.15648
- Sharma A, Badawy SM, Suelzer EM, et al. Systematic Reviews in Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy: Considerations and Guidance from the American Society for Transplantation and Cellular Therapy, European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation, and Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research Late Effects and Quality of Life Working Committee. Transplant Cell Ther. 2021;27(5):380-388. doi:10.1016/j.jtct.2020.12.002
- Suelzer EM, Deal J, Hanus KL, Ruggeri B, Sieracki R, Witkowski E. Assessment of Citations of the Retracted Article by Wakefield et al With Fraudulent Claims of an Association Between Vaccination and Autism. JAMA Netw Open. 2019 Nov 1;2(11):e1915552. doi: 10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2019.15552.
- Mayer AR, Kaushal M, Dodd AB, Hanlon FM, Shaff NA, Mannix R, Master CL, Leddy JJ, Stephenson D, Wertz CJ, Suelzer EM, Arbogast KB, Meier TB. Advanced biomarkers of pediatric mild traumatic brain injury: Progress and perils. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2018 Nov;94:149-165. doi: 10.1016/j.neubiorev.2018.08.002.
- Hanus, K. L., & Suelzer, E. (2015). Evaluating the Impact of an Institution’s Research. Journal of Hospital Librarianship, 15(3), 296-300. doi:10.1080/15323269.2015.1049734.