Skip to Main Content
As a result of Children’s Wisconsin’s new security protocol, all users on the CW network will need to register for an OpenAthens account to access library resources (including UpToDate, VisualDx, etc.) via the library webpage. Click here to register for an OpenAthens account or view more information.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17. United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy/reproduction is not to be "USED FOR ANY PURPOSES OTHER THAN PRIVATE STUDY, SCHOLARSHIP, or RESEARCH." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes IN EXCESS of fair use, that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
- Document delivery requests are accepted via the ILLiad request management system. Due to copyright law restrictions, we cannot accept requests via phone or any other method other than these ordering systems.
- A maximum of 5 document delivery requests are processed per person per day. Additional requests will be filled as time permits.
- Requests are usually filled within 3 business days if the item is available in MCW Libraries (internal document delivery); 5-10 days otherwise (Interlibrary Loan).
- MCW Libraries follows U.S. copyright guidelines. Interlibrary Loan policies (PDF), internal document delivery policies (PDF), and PRONTO (For-profit) policies have been reviewed by MCW Legal Counsel.
- MCW Libraries supports up to $45 per request to fulfill document delivery for our users. If fees exceed $45, additional fees may be passed on to the user. Users are able to indicate the amount of money they are willing to pay on the document delivery request form. If the fees would surpass that amount, the user is notified.
- MCW Libraries reserves the right to reduce service to individual users in order to maintain the ability to provide service equitably and throughout our financial year.
- Prices are subject to change.
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226